Sunday, March 1, 2015

Good Vibes and Good Intentions // Midtown Music - Atlanta, GA

For me, the crowd at a music festival is one of the most quintessential prospects that it has to offer. You are surrounding yourself with a great abundance of diversity with the festival goers embracing good vibes and good intentions. There are the happy hellos exchanged from stranger to stranger. The aura of a festival reveals love, paradise and generosity.  

A very early adventure of mine while in the United States was venturing to Atlanta, Georgia and attending the two-day music festival, Midtown Music. How could I not go? Eminem, Lana Del Rey, Lorde, Iggy Azalea, Run DMC, Bastille and John Meyer. Just to name a few… 





I believe that Hip hop and Rap is a tough game in the music industry. Especially for us females. I am a big fan of women in the hip hop industry presenting their phenomenal talent and unleashing their fearless and strong lines and verses. Iggy Azalea is a pure example of this. With her outstanding talent and strong mentality, she has immensely blown away the music industry and its fans these past few years. After seeing Iggy strutting that incredible body and hearing her gift of a voice live on stage, she had gained at least one new big fan that Friday night…

Lana lana lana, simply one of the most exquisite, beautiful female artists I have ever come across. Lana Del Rey’s power of words and lyrics has hugely impacted me for years now and she continues to inspire me to create art with my talent and passion for writing. Being immersed into this crowd of Lana fans was so riveting. Hearing her mesmerising lyrics and unique voice, while singing and dancing along with her was nothing but pure serenity for me. You’re one of a kind, Lana. You’re back on my list of artists to see live…
Lorde, herself was quite the performance and seeing her doing her own thing on that stage was such an enjoyment. She has a pure talent for art. The way she presents herself on stage and that voice of hers composes you to let go of every worry, relax your heavy shoulders and sway along to the beat radiating inside of your chest.



Eminem, you awe-inspiring human being. This was the third time I have seen you in the flesh and this time was my favourite, but hopefully not the last. Those that know me, also are aware of my infinite love and adoration for this man. No one could come close to admiring this brilliant man more than I could. I was the closest I have been to him in the three times that I’ve watched him on stage. His enticing voice and engaging beats danced around inside of me and I was inside of my own little world just for a few minutes; no stress, no emotion and no worries. Eminem, you never ever will fail to disappoint me. You truly are my savior, man. 

Crossing fields with musical vibrations in the air, thumping shoulders with strangers, dancing in spirals to the waving beats. The rush of energy pulsating deep inside makes you jump and billow around in the wind, waving your arms absentmindedly and mouthing each word to the music. Music festivals are contagious, they’re an eternal party and they inhabit your senses full of elation. 

Dance away, you beautiful souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment