Sunday, December 27, 2015

Seeing things I haven’t before / Day trip to Ubud

As a result of my family going to Bali a number of times, we have already participated in so many ‘tourist’ activities and done the main exploring that is expected when going to the island. In my most recent trips, it’s more just like a holiday at home but away from my actual home. 

My most recent trips to Bali have consisted of relaxing, doing my own thing, spending time with good friends and exploring on my own. These trips we normally do one ‘touristy’ and exploring trip. This trip with Dad and Silvy we made our adventure through Ubud. Which surprisingly, I have never done in my past trips to Bali…

Pura Puseh Desa Adat Batuan
Temples are one of my most cherished places throughout Bali. They hold an essence that is simply magical and surreal. The fifth temple I have ever visited was this trip and it was on the way to Ubud. Every temple has it’s own unique features, stories, people and structures. I think I am infatuated with Balinese temples so much because they give out an eerie and surprising feel. While exploring them, with those ankle length sarongs, I feel enchanted and inspired. The Indonesian and Balinese culture inspires me immensely, and to this day it is the one culture that will always be close to my heart.


Tegenungan Waterfall 
It was all green. As far as the eye could see everything was every colour of green that you could imagine. Looking deeper into the sublime that surrounded us was a giant gush of running water falling from the rocks above and into the stream below. We had just over 70 steps to trek down in order to reach closer to the waterfall, and the closer you were to the running water the more beautiful it appeared. Being unaware that you could swim in the waterfall I didn’t have swimwear to have this experience, but the time being surrounded by this utter beauty was enough to complete this sight by just observing, what I do best! 

Ubud Monkey Forest
This destination is always somewhere every single person that visits Bali wants to go and explore. This trip was my first time here because it has never appealed to me to go. But this trip, we did and it’s nothing that will blow your mind away. The monkeys are enjoyable and fun to look at, some get a bit feisty and and some get a little crazy. It’s all fun and game until one of them steals that lady’s sunglasses. What amazed me was the forest and sacred temples and holy water in the actual forest. These were the parts I enjoyed most, I prefer to take it all in than have a monkey run at my feet and attempt to climb my back like a tree.


Teras Padi Cafe, Tegalalang, Ubud 
This is just one of the little secret get aways situated along the sublime view of the terraces of rice paddies and fields. Rice paddies and fields are the one single thing that still, to this day, fascinate me when going to Bali. I could look at them for days on end. The infinite green hills and endless amounts of beauty, these attractions all over Indonesia, even Asia, are pure, natural beauty. It is their way of life, their way of farming, they farm rice just like where I come from we farm cows. Our driver gave us a little hidden cafe to eat lunch at, and oh boy, it was a lunch with a view. As if the view wasn’t on point, but the meals were delicious too. 



These are the little experiences that I hold close to my heart, and observing and taking in everything that I can satisfies me greatly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment